Sunday, December 18, 2005

Delaware & Raritan Canal State Park

One of the nice things about central New Jersey is the copious amount of parks and other nature-type areas that are quite suitable for photography. The Delaware & Raritan Canal State Park is close to my office, so it's a good lunch-time destination.

This particular batch was taken in late November. More importantly, they represent my first (crude) attempt to spruce up my photos with Photoshop.


I found this tree stump in one of the calmer areas of the canal system; hence the floating debris clinging nearby.


I'm proud to be the first person ever to photograph a trail winding off into the distance.


I had to switch to the digital zoom to get even this close to the swan.


Apparently this caterpillar was in its death throes. Shortly after taking this picture, it simply rolled onto its side and stopped moving. I never touched it, I swear!


I'm a sucker for converging verticals. I just wish the sky had been a bit more colorful (or that my Photoshop skills could make it look like the sky had been a bit more colorful).

2 comments:

Sharon GR said...

From what bridge is that last picture?

Very cool, BTW.

Gray Flannel Suit said...

I don't remember the exact name of the bridge (or even if it has one), but it is one of the bridges near the Rocky Hill portion of the park.